Whether you want an e-bike for the daily commute, weekend touring or everyday errands (and everything in between), Raleigh has a Motus model for you. Check out the brand new range.
Shop the full Raleigh range here.
The Raleigh Motus 2022 range gives you a great choice between e-bikes with different gear systems - hub or derailleur. But what do either of those terms mean?
Derailleur systems (the more common of the two options) operate using a mechanical arm to move the chain from one sprocket to the next.
- More gearing options
- Easier to fix and maintain
- A lighter option, therefore offering slightly quicker acceleration
- More maintenance is required (every few hundred miles you'll need to clean & re-oil the chain)
Hub gears are hidden away within a sealed drivetrain unit and the gears are selected internally.
- Longer life span
- Significantly less maintenance (as the mechanism is encased and therefore protected from the elements)
- Smaller range of gears
- Not as efficient as a derailleur system and slightly more expensive to fix if there is a problem